Senior Data Analyst
We’re on a mission to unlock all digital assets and make digital assets freely tradable and boundaryless. Starting with domain assets, expanding to more digital assets soon!
How we work
From our industry-improving products to our videogame competitions, our company culture is busy, productive, and fun.
At Dan, we work, grow and build fast. Shaking up the industry and making a splash. We’re dreamers who roll up their sleeves and do the work. And transparency is our thing. We think being kind is cool. That’s why we uplift instead of competing against each other. Unless we’re playing FIFA or frisbee.
The role: Data Analyst
You will be joining our newly formed and growing Product Design team. Together we will gain a deep understanding of what users are doing within Dan.com and how product features perform. You will also assist the business team with making the right decisions by providing them with a KPI dashboard that contains all data they need to monitor, track and grow their divisions in a data-driven way.
In close collaboration with Product Design, you will build the foundations for a revamped BI system, and strategies for our products. Your goal is on the one hand to transform business goals into data requests and reports/dashboards, on the other hand, you'll proactively explore data to bring insights and drive the right decisions.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
This role reports to the Head of Brand & Design and is located in beautiful Amsterdam.
What you’ll do
- Set up and build the foundations of the Dan BI system.
- Rolling out the‘ data-as-a-service’ approach for Product teams to make data easy to access, understand and make decisions.
- Communicate with Product and cross-functional teams, defining metrics they track, planning report structures, making it visually appealing and easy to understand, and automating the reporting process in a BI system.
- Measure the impact of both existing and new product features and growth experiments on our key metrics.
- Do ad hoc analysis: if something emerges in the data like a spike in usage or drop in conversions, you have to find out “why?”. Reports and research should not come just in the form of numbers and distributions, but rather in the form of action items (e.g., to increase X, we have to do Y).
- Investigate high-level questions aka “What are the patterns of the most successful sellers using Dan?”
- Develop data documentation (glossary, data models, etc.) to cover dedicated domains within the company.
What you’ll bring
- Warranted analytical skills.
- 3+ years of data analytics work experience, preferably in SaaS, B2C2B, or productivity tools field.
- Intermediate in statistical methods, experimental design, using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions.
- Advanced experience writing SQL queries and working with large data sets.
- Understanding database structures and metadata standards.
- Experience in product analytics and BI tools (eg. GA, Amplitude, Looker, Tableau, or similar).
- Experience in delivering analytical solutions for complex product-related tasks (user pattern research, supporting experiments, feature analysis to improve the product metrics, use-cases analysis, etc.).
- Centralizing, synthesizing, and communicating insights is your second strength. You understand how to translate messy, chaotic data into clear, human, actionable insights.
- Understand overall business value, rather than think and care just about numbers and charts.
- You take initiative and are not waiting for others to make things happen. You constantly advocate and challenge decisions. You keep track of your own time, manage and prioritize your daily work.
Psst … some added perks
- Top-notch equipment
- Free lunch and healthy snacks, every day. Yup, you read that right!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- Company and team outings (from dinners and paintball to gaming and movie nights — and everything in between)
- A game room for our Fifa tournaments
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from all over the world!
Are you interested?
If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the Dan team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Sure! If you join Dan from abroad, we offer to sponsor your Visa for NON-EU citizens, as long as you agree to move to The Netherlands within 6 months.
Note for recruiters: we, unfortunately, can’t respond to cold calls or emails. But thanks for your interest!