The role: Financial Controller
Be in charge, take ownership and bring together all financial processes and reporting so the organization can have close to real-time insights about it's finances to make better decisions.
1: A proven track record in financial controlling roles at high-tech or SaaS software companies
2: An entrepreneurial mindset - you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done
3: Process-oriented and constantly looking to make processes better and more efficient, with the aim to support the business and decision making
4: Comfortable with numbers – but not numbers for the sake of numbers, you should make them relevant through a critical and highly analytical mindset
5: Inherently a team player with very good communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
6: Self-starting – you are the financial expert in the company, so you should be able to prioritize, organize and deliver all activities required in your field
Fluent in English in word and writing;
Experience: At least +3 years as a financial controller or in a similar financial function in a scale-up organization.
Focus: You have a strong feeling for numbers and are able to work with numbers in an analytical way. You are also able to be critical and ask the right questions. You love to improve processes and are familiar with P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow reporting. You are a self-starting financial expert.
Strong communication skills: You can deal with every stakeholder and use your communication skills, especially listening and asking the right questions to find out what is the real problem and possible process improvements.
Ownership: You take responsibility and are not satisfied until you have reached your goals.
What you’ll do
- Prepare and assist in the development of financial reporting
- Analyze performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Communicate findings in a timely matter with the Finance and Compliance team
- Contribute to the preparation and coordination of the operating budgets and forecasts
- Evaluate bugs & trends in order to improve the efficiency of financial reporting
- Support in other finance and administrative related tasks and projects
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of experience in a finance or accounting role. SaaS or domaining experience is a huge plus;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and knowledge of Dutch Fiscal/Tax system
- Strong analytical, communicative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong affinity with Business Intelligence
- Excellent in manipulating large amounts of data
- Fluency in English in writing and speaking
- Team player with the flexibility to work in an international fast-paced environment
- Ability to keep smiling while managing deadlines and handling a workload
Psst … some added perks
- Top-notch equipment
- Free lunch and healthy snacks, every day. Yup, you read that right!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- Company and team outings (from dinners and paintball to gaming and movie nights — and everything in between)
- A game room for our Fifa tournaments of bring your own favorite game
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from all over the world!
Are you interested?
If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the Dan team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Note for recruiters: we, unfortunately, can’t respond to cold calls or emails. But thanks for your interest!